Brachytherapy in India at world class hospitals of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore is offered with a premium service, the high quality of Indian medical services and modern medical options. The surgery departments of hospitals of Mumbai and Bangalore provide full-fledged dedicated services in the fields of surgery and are fully equipped with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic technology handled by a team of well qualified and experienced faculty.
Derived from ancient Greek words for short distance (brachy) and treatment (therapy), it is sometimes called seed implantation and is an outpatient procedure used in the treatment of different kinds of cancer. Radioactive “seeds” are carefully placed inside of the cancerous tissue and positioned in a manner that will attack the cancer most efficiently. Brachytherapy may be either temporary or permanent:
Conditions Treated with Brachytherapy
* Prostate Cancer
* Head and Neck Cancer
* Skin Cancer
* Breast Cancer
* Gallbladder Carcinoma
* Uterine Carcinoma
* Vaginal Cancer
* Lung Cancer
* Rectum Cancer
* Eye Cancer
Advantages of Brachytherapy in India
* The precise targeting of the radiation, which spares healthy tissue;
* The fact that the procedure can usually be completed in 1-3 hours on an outpatient basis;
* A substantially lower incidence than surgery or external beam irradiation of both impotence and incontinence; and little to no impact on the patient’s quality of life.
* Patients typically return to their normal activities within 1-2 days with minimal restrictions.
* Brachytherapy greatly shortens the duration of the treatment, in fact prostate cancer Brachytherapy can often take one and a half days rather than the 5-7 weeks of traditional radiation.
Cost of Brachytherapy India
* India offers a low cost brachytherapy for international patients.
* India’s favorable exchange rate and the cost of healthcare services are at an extensively lower cost than that of other countries. If you’re coming from a Western country such as the United States or Britain, medical procedures in India will generally cost a fraction of the price as compared to prices back home.
* Prices in India are reasonable and affordable, be it accommodation, food or even shopping.